4 Banting Recipes for Lunch - Quick and Easy
Are you a busy mom with no time to prepare a delicious healthy lunch? Here are some quick and easy Banting recipes for lunch that you can prepare in no time at all.
BAKED CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM SKILLET
- 8 chicken thighs with skin and bone intact
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic which needs to be crushed
- 8 mushrooms halved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Then begin to season chicken thighs with salt and pepper to add some taste
- Melt down the 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat then add chicken, skin-side down, and scorch both sides until golden brown, give it about 2-3 minutes per side then set the chicken thighs aside.
- Melt down the remaining butter in the skillet. Add garlic and mushrooms, let it cook, stirring from time to time when the mushrooms become tender and are well browned then season with salt and pepper. Add in chicken broth, thyme, oregano and basil.
- Then add chicken back to the skillet.
- Place into oven and roast until fully cooked this will take 20 minutes. Place chicken aside also remembering to save all the juices in the pan.
- Bring to a boil the heavy cream, parmesan and mustard then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken and top it up with mushroom mixture.
- 1 egg
- 60ml full-cream yoghurt
- 60ml olive or avocado oil
- 1kg beef mince
- 8 mushrooms
- 50g Feta cheese
- 50g Cheddar cheese
- 5ml mustard powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Handful rocket
- 1 tomato
- Combine egg and yogurt, mix the 2 ingredients well then add mustard powder, garlic and zest.
- Combine yogurt with the mince mix well then add Feta and season well making sure the ingredients are well infused in the mince.
- Begin to shape mince into 4 balls and press down with the palm of your hand to form the patties.
- Grill the patties for about 8 minutes on one side and do the same for the other side.
- After the patties are done remove the patties and add mushrooms to the grill and season the mushrooms and drizzle with 15ml oil, mushrooms will need to be on the grill for about 8 minutes.
- Place each patty on top of a mushroom, top with tomato, cheese and rocket, then with another mushroom.
BANTING RECIPE FOR LUNCH - CHICKEN BROTH
- 1 chicken
- 1 small onion
- 2 chopped celery sticks
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 large chopped carrots
- In a stockpot add the chicken and cover chicken with water.
- All vegetables should be chopped and then add to the stockpot and don’t forget to add the bay leaf and on a high flame to bring all the ingredients to a nice boil.
- Decrease the heat to low flame so all the ingredients can infuse well and cook. Let it the ingredients to simmer for about 2 3 hours.
- Take off the flame and then skim off the foam that will be on top of the water then begin to drain your broth through a colander in a container. The chicken that is left in the pot can be used as you please in one of your selected Banting meals.
- This broth can be used for so many other meals like for sauces, stews and soups and the best part it can be frozen and used at a later time.
Homemade broth is better and more wholesome than the ones bought at local supermarkets. Making a tasty broth while being on the Banting Diet is a great idea, use it to flavour up some of the more boring Banting recipes for lunch.
YUMMY GARLIC PRAWNS
- A packet of prawns
- Handful of chopped Broccoli
- Chopped lettuce
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Onion
- Spring Onion
- Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Spring Onion
- Begin by cooking the onions and garlic in a pan with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil as they are cooking add the prawns and cook them until their ready, it takes about 3 minutes.
- Then add the broccoli and cook until its soft.
- Take off heat a plate up with the chopped lettuce.
I hope you enjoy our delicious and easy to make Banting Recipes for Lunch! If you're looking for some delicious banting recipes for dinner, click here!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.